....Talk to Your Mountain About Your God

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So today I received a facebook message from a dear friend about a potentially bad medical diagnosis. She also included these scriptures in the message she sent to her friends that she and her family have chosen to stand upon in truth:
"By His stripes, we are healed."
"The Lord has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and love and of a sound mind."

After I read that message, I couldn't stop thinking about healing. Before I really came to know God and His word, "healing" was just a nice thing people said. I didn't have any idea that our God actually does heal.

Through my recent bible study "Believing God," by Beth Moore and numerous podcasts from Joyce Meyer, Steven Furtick, and Andrew Womack, I have grown incredibly close to the man upstairs that I used to call "God." He has now become my God (as if you couldn't already tell that from previous posts). The things that used to scare me, now challenge me.

One of the most important things that I have learned from Andrew Womack is that we are not supposed to talk to God about our mountains. We're supposed to talk to our mountains about our God. Robert Morris once said, "Nothing ever occurs to God." Have you ever thought about that? Sometimes we pray to God about our mountains as if He'll be hearing about them for the first time....We often pray about those things we need His help with as if  He is sitting in Heaven hearing our prayers and thinking to himself, "well, I never thought about that."

Of course He's thought about it! Our prayers to Him are not revelations and by no means should they be pleading cries for help. 95% of our prayers should be thanks for what we've already been given, and 5% can then go something like, "and oh, by the way..."

Our "woe is me" prayers won't get us anywhere. A faith in the God we believe in, however, can take us places. A truly faith centered prayer can move mountains or even stop the sun. (see Joshua 10:12-13)

“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.  “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mk 11:22-24)

I think we often pray to God about our mountain instead of looking our mountain in the face and telling it about our God. Our God who has the name above all names and whose sacrifice through Jesus has made us in His liking. Through Jesus Christ, we are more than conquerors.

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Romans 8:31-32

So friend, I stand firmly on those scriptures with you, thanking God for the health He has given that sweet child and the strength He has given you as one of His warriors. And I will talk directly to that mountain about our God and tell it exactly who reins.

So until there's more, may you all talk to your mountain about your God. And if you want to know more about this God who heals and saves and loves us as we are, I'd be glad to introduce you.

3 comments:

  1. Allison, I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your posts! something that is sooooo exciting to me... that we will be sisters for eternity! :)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs