Dinner Tonight! Yummy Beef Stroganoff

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yum Yum! Tonight we had delicious Beef Stroganoff. This is one of the meals my mom made when I was growing up that I absolutely loved! This is not a dinner that I would recommend for a week night. It takes about 20 minutes of prep time and a total of 45 minutes from start to finish.

Here is what you'll need:



 Step 1: 
Dice the onion and bell pepper and saute in oil over medium heat. 

Step 2: While the onions and bell peppers are sauteing, tenderize and cut up the meat.

Step 3: Dredge the meat in a mix of flour, salt, and pepper. 


Step 4:  Add the flour coated meat to the onion and pepper mix. (This time I used a separate pan to cook the meat and then later added the meat to the veggie mix, but I usually do it all in one pan.) 

Step 5: Add the 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup, the mushrooms (drained), and about 1 cup of water. 

My helper. Isn't he handsome!?



Step 6: Allow the mixture to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes. 

While the mixture is simmering, bring water to a boil for the noodles. You can serve this over rice or noodles, but we prefer egg noodles.


Step 7: Add the sour cream and mix in completely. Remove from heat and serve! 


Enjoy! My babies love it, and hopefully yours will too! 






I also have to thank my fabulous husband for helping prepare our Sunday evening meal! What a great daddy, friend, and husband! 

Until there's more, 
Allison




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs