Writing again. Every single day

Thursday, May 23, 2013

So I don't know if you noticed or not, but I've decided to write everyday for a year again. Because I'm crazy, and because I feel like it's something I'm called to do.

I don't claim to be an incredible writer or anything of the sort, but I do believe that I have a way of being brutally honest that somehow connects with people from time to time. For some reason you want to know about how hard it is to work from home, or how challenging it is to be a foster parent.

Or you just like to know for certain that I'm nuts, and if I can run a successful business than anyone can (that's probably mostly it.)

When I tried to write "whenever I got around to it" it rarely happened, and as I looked back over the 365 days I wrote last year, I realized that the times when I thought I had nothing to say were the times when the Lord really used my words to reach other people.

So for lack of a better explanation, I'm writing everyday for a year again because I don't do things half way. It's all or nothing with me. So here's the all of it.

This is something I've been thinking about for a while now, and when I asked Brian what he thought about me writing everyday again he said something to the effect of, "sure, do it if you want to."

Brian and I have a very unique relationship. We "work" together from home every single day. And there are days that I think we both need our space. And there are definitely days that we don't communicate well if at all. And there are even days when we don't like each other all that much.

But my husband is an incredible man of God who has sacrificed so much for our family. Because he is here, I am able to lead well. I have the ability to have more relationships and serve more people than I could if he weren't here.

Because he is here, everyone gets where they need to be when they need to be there, and we are all very well fed. He is our resident chef, and an amazing chef he is. We eat fewer chicken nuggets and more shrimp because he's here. Praise the Lord!

And because he's here, we have to work harder on our marriage than we ever have. And I think we've done really, really well this time.

Because he is here with us, he has sacrificed so much. I believe that the Lord is using this time to prepare him to do something great. I consider what he does now to be amazing. A selfless sacrifice to make sure everyone else has what they need, but I know that there is even more that the Lord has in store for him.

So when he gave his nod of approval for me to write every single day, he was sacrificing even a little bit more. Because when I write, it's usually at the end of the day when everyone is finally in bed. When I'm not writing, that's our time together.

But I see how proud of me he is. He makes it clear that he thinks I'm wonderful in every way, and he believes that this whole writing thing is more than just a blog. For the record: I really don't know how to "blog." I only know how to throw up on a screen, and that's usually what happens.

I just wanted you to know how great my husband is. I want to acknowledge how much he gives up to allow me to put words on this page everyday, and how much he sacrifices to be the greatest dad I know.

So thank you all for loving my family. And babe, thank you for being the incredible man you are. I love you to the beach and back.


3 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throwing up on the page becomes you because it is real and not planned. It shows that you have a natural grace about you. I am very proud of your commitment and love to feel your day through your word. Makes me think back a lot to what it was like raising my won family and how I wish we had had blogging back then.

    When I grow up Allison I want to be just like you :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs