Naps and Homemade Pasta

Sunday, August 5, 2012

So, I'm basically functioning like a newborn these past couple of days. I have had a nap for three days in a row. I feel like all I do is sleep and eat.

I guess I'm blaming it on the heat and the way our house is closed off to all sources of light in an attempt to save precious energy and keep our house cool.

It also probably boils down to the fact that I'm not exercising. I know that's bad, and I know I said I was going to walk everyday, but it's simply too hot. It's not cool enough before the sun comes up or after it goes down. And our treadmill lives in our garage, which works well during most months of the year, but not right now.

On top of all that, Brian has been making homemade pasta. He has cooked every night since we came home from our trip to Vegas/California, and he's good at it.

Today while Luke and I were napping, Addy and Daddy made more homemade pasta. Tonight it's basil and olive oil pasta with a homemade Alfredo sauce and lemon pepper shrimp. Yumm.


I guess what I'm saying is that with all this cooking and napping, I am going to have to start walking again. My goodness.

Nothing to complain about here (except the insane heat).

Speaking of heat, here's the update on the Cobb family:
A group of people will be meeting at their home at 7:00 on Monday morning to go through what is left of their storage shed. They need as many people as possible to help so that they can get through it all before it gets too hot.

If you'd like more information about helping, please email me at allisondalke@gmail.com and I'll give you the specifics of where to show up.

You can still donate to the Cobbs at http://www.indiegogo.com/blessings. Thank you for your generosity in advance.

.....day 359 of a year of writing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs