Music for a Mission

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wow it feels weird to log on here. It's been over a week. And honestly, it's been nice.

We've been going to bed early. Getting into the routine of having a kiddo in kindergarten. Brian's been cooking a lot. I've been reading before bed....it's been nice.

I told Brian the other day that I've been missing this. I'm missing getting into my own head and processing what's going on. Plus, I feel like I've missed some important moments....like the 1st day of kindergarten. I need this to remember.

I guess I'm thinking that I need to schedule a time at least 3 days a week to sit and write. I feel like I need it. I've got to get in the habit of doing it in the morning and not at the end of the day when I'm exhausted.

Anyways, I say all that to tell you that I want you to come over tomorrow night!

Yeah, I'm dead serious. If you live in the OKC area, you are invited. : )

My sister is organizing a backyard benefit to raise money for our friend, Whittney Coby to go to Haiti on a mission trip.

We're going to have live music, worship, and a silent auction with all proceeds benefiting Whittney's trip. We also have tanks to sell. $20 each with all profit helping to fund Whitt's trip in September.

That's my handsome brother-in-law so wonderfully modeling the tanks....you know you want one.


We have some great auction items put together for you to bid on that I know you'll love! Plus, it'll be a night of great friends and music.

So what do you think? 

Come on over tomorrow night and hang with us in the backyard. Bring a lawn chair and some bug spray : ). All ages are welcome. We'd love to have you! 7:00-9:00

If you don't live in the area or can't make it tomorrow night but would like to donate to Whittney's mission trip to Haiti, you can do so by going clicking here

If you need our address, please email me at allisondalke@gmail.com. 

We hope you can join us for a night of music and celebration in the Dalke backyard from 7:00-9:00 on Sunday, August 26th. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs