The Nooks and Crannies

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I heard someone say once that they make their business fit into the nooks and crannies of life.

Oh how incredibly true!

When I look at my day, it is so far from the typical work day. A little here, a little there.....and so goes the day.

I think moms who work from home often think they need to have business hours and try to work how they would if they sat at a desk for 8 hours a day.

There is no way.

The beauty of working from home is getting to enjoy little bits of joy all day long.

The same is true for working out, reading the Bible, doing laundry, and the list goes on.

So dont give yourself such a hard time.

Being a mom is hard work. Being a mom that works from home is even harder. And being a mom that works from home and homeschools her kiddos, that is the ultimate victory.

It's a messy, unexpected, didn't see that coming kind of work, and it's worth every second.

Making your work fit into the nooks and crannies is perfect. Not easy. But perfect and true.

What more could you ask for?

Here's a glimpse at our nooks and crannies from today.....and somehow it all gets done.












4 comments:

  1. Your post today was a God send, a gentle reminder, because I have been feeling guilty again about how I fit my business into the nooks & crannies of my day of being a mom, wife and homeschool teacher to my Lil Man. As you know, so many in the biz say we should set office hours and oh how I have tried to set dedicated hours to "work", but it just never has worked that way having a Lil Man around. Especially now with adding homeschooling onto my cup saucer size plate, the guilt started to creep in. Guilt of splitting my time as mommy and business owner started to eat at me, and somehow I had made business the priority and made everything else to fit into the nooks & crannies. So twisted, right?! Yeah, I know!!! The Lord wasn't blessing that and well, He really got my attention & my business has suffered for it. I have since got my head on straight and have put things BACK into their rightful priority and being mom, wife & homeschool teacher have been number one. Just as things start running smoothly again,... you guessed it... the enemy snuck in and got me to feeling guilty again. This post is just another gift, another gentle reminder that I am EXACTLY where the Lord wants me... to be a Wife, Momma and Homeschool teacher and to fit my business into the nooks & crannies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family. I love reading your blog. I am a homeschooling mom to two special needs kids, and a Scentsy consultant. Lately I've been feeling very overwhelmed and inefficient. I know we all go through these things at some point, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. This post reminded me of the reason I started this journey in the first place and that everyday won't be "perfect" but it is what I make of it. Thank you for sharing this.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Wyatt looks just like you in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not as good with the balancing it all... but I am also hard on myself. Good point! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs