The Word

Sunday, July 17, 2011

For too long, I took for granted the Word of God. In the past couple months, I have become obsessed with it. I used to feel like reading my Bible was a complete chore....like something else I had to cross off the list.

Now, I have a hard time putting it down and moving on to the rest of my day. I think I've mentioned before, that if someone would pay me to read my Bible all day long, that is all I'd do!

I don't think the obsession began as an obsession. It started as a next step. It was something I felt like I needed to do to strengthen my relationship with Christ.

So out of the call of duty, I made a commitment to myself and to God, and I found an accountability partner. I knew she was going to call everyday, and if I hadn't read yet, I'd have to think of some excuse good enough as to why not. (Please note: this was my 2nd attempt at reading God's word daily. I had an accountability partner the 1st time too, but I wasn't committed enough.)


Somewhere between the obligation and the obsession, I feel in love with His word. I feel in love with the way it spoke to me each day in a different way. I feel in love with His love for me!

Are you struggling getting into God's word? Do you want to desire it? Do you know you need to be in God's word, but you're not?

Find an accountability partner. Check on each other daily. Make the commitment to yourself and to God to stick to daily reading for at least 1 week. Set aside the time each day to make sure it happens.

You can do it. I know you can. Just decide that this is the next step in your growing relationship with God and get to know Him through His word. Countless people have died to keep it living and available to all. Don't take it for granted. Inside you'll find peace and truth, and you'll discover the crazy love that the God of the universe has for you.

For a really amazing message on the Word, check out Lifechurch.TV's At the Movies series live online through the entire week of July 16-22. Go to http://www.lifechurch.tv/ and check out the upper right hand corner of the page to see when the next live message is. This week's message is over the movie The Book of Eli. You can only see the message live online or in person this week due to copyright laws.

Check it out and fall in love with God's word.

For reading plans, free smart phone downloads, and tons of translations of the Bible, check out http://www.youversion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs