Being a mom, a wife, a business woman, a church volunteer, a runner, and not to mention a short order cook, plus a friend, a sister, now a self-acclaimed writer, an event coordinator, and even a counselor at times, it gets a little hard to fit it all in week after week. I think we all have that struggle. How do we make it all happen?
It's amazing what a little intention can do. It can take you a long way. Below are all the things I attempt to cram into a week:
- Church: 1 hour of attending, 4 hours of serving
- Kid Time: At least 1 activity with each kid where I get to spend time with only that child
- Dinner: a home cooked meal at least 4 times a week
- Scentsy: a team update, a director update, 2 conference calls from corporate, sales, recruiting, 1 lunch a week with downline, team meeting plans, and on and on, etc...
- Physical Health: running at least 3 days a week
- Spanish class, gymnastics, gymboree, and ballet with the kids each week
- Laundry! (which I only do on Mondays!)
- Bible Study: 3 hours of meeting and 5 nights of homework
- Date Night with my hubby: We plan at least 2 evenings (just the 2 of us!) per month
- Me Time!: Yes! I plan bubble baths and time to read!
The most interesting thing is that before I had my "Finding Time Sundays," I would go into the week completely clueless as to what needed to get done. I knew I had a lot to do, I just had no idea when I was going to do it!
Now I make it intentional. Every week. I know when I wake up every day exactly what needs to get done.
I know it's not a brand new idea, to plan out your week. I'm just saying you should try it. I know it seems like work, but it actually makes your week so much easier!
It's interesting to me that we can ALWAYS find the time to do the things we really want to do, but very rarely can we find the time for the things we need to do or the things we should be doing.
You can find the time. I have no doubt. Happy planning!
Until there's more...